Power Update is sold by a one-time fee that gives users a perpetual license to use the software forever. PowerON offers an optional maintenance contract in order to receive updates for the software.
Purpose of the document
In this article, you will find information on what
Power Update Maintenace is and what it can do for you, how you can purchase it
and options if your maintenance has lapsed.
What if my Maintenance has lapsed?
If the maintenance contract has lapsed, and you do not see the option to renew, we offer a 30 day grace period. Contact our Sales Department, with a copy of the original license and we will reinstate the Maintenance Contract.
IMPORTANT: If you are beyond 30 days, you must either 1) purchase a new license or 2) revert to an older version.
How do I revert to an older version?
- Login to https://store.poweronbi.com/Downloads using your Username and Password
- Decide what vintage of Power Update you have
- Download and install Power Update Latest
- Open Power Update, go to Options, click Unregister and Activate. Then paste in your license key.
How do I purchase Maintenance?
need to purchase maintenance BEFORE the end of the current maintenance
contract. Check the status of your maintenance:
- Login to https://store.poweronbi.com/Licenses using your Username and Password
If you are still able to renew, you will see
the following screen:
This Demo User has two licenses:
- The license on the first line was
created manually. Users who purchased their license(s) this way can click the
link to contact sales.
- The license one the second line
was purchased through PayPal and can be renewed directly by clicking the
that the renewal option only comes up 30 days prior to expiration.
payment is processed, users can return here to apply the renewal to the license
and the process is complete.
What does Maintenance cover?
The maintenance contract is an inexpensive way to ensure that Power Update continues to run flawlessly. Users receive the following benefits:
- Automatic access to all new features*
- Access to knowledgebase articles.
- You will receive updates to Power Update if
one of the below changes:
- Office version. Currently, we support Excel 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, Office 365 in all editions for Windows.
- Power Pivot or Power Query.
- Power BI Desktop. Microsft ships monthly updates.
- SQL Server. We are currently compatible with all versions up to SQL Server 2016, 2017, 2019. Power Update also supports SQL Server in Azure.
*Power Update might come in different Editions that are not included in the maintenance.
Renew a license to extend maintenance
Maintenance covers access to new versions of the software that support newer versions of Windows, Office and SQL Server. If maintenance expired on your license, please do the following to renew the license: Go to the Licenses page Click on the (click ...
Activate license using License key
After purchasing a license, you will receive a license key. After downloading and installing the software, you need to activate the software in the Options\Activate menu button. To activate the software enter your license key (if the license key ...
Where to find my License Information
To find your license information: Log on to Power-Planner.com If you don’t remember your password, please reset it If you don’t remember your username search for it in previous emails or contact us (please don’t register a new one) Once logged in go ...
Troubleshooting Excel PowerPivot Update
If you are using Excel 2010 and Power Query and have an issue during UI Automation, or if the task succeeds but the data doesn’t update please refer to the related article. Otherwise please check the error messages in the ...
Power SQL Update not loading in Excel
Search the registry under both Current user and Local Machine for: PPSQLConnector and set the LoadBehaviour to 3 at all occurances e.g.: If the above doesn't resolve the issue, search for Addins in the registry under both Current user and Local ...