Troubleshooting Excel 2010 UI Automation
If you are using Excel 2010 and Power Query data sources Power Update needs to perform UI automation.
If UI automation fails for some reason please try the common resolutions below:
Check if you can manually refresh the workbook and make sure all connections are working.
If it’s a temporary / intermittent issue during refreshing connections, set the Retry Count and Retry wait settings in the Advanced Settings page of the task wizard (e.g. Retry Count: 5, Retry Wait: 5 min). If the Refresh hangs sometimes, also set up the following settings in Advanced Properties\Settings:
- Stop the taks if runs longer than X minutes (based on the normal run time)
- If the task fails restart every X minutes (if the refresh issue is caused by a network problem leave a few minutes for it to recover)
- Disable and custom DPI (text scale) settings in windows, and make sure that the resolution is at least 1024 x 768
- Check Options\Disable Parallel Tasks
- Try increasing the WaitUIRetry, RetryCount and RetryWait (ms) settings in C:\Program Files\PowerPlanner\Power Update\PQRefresh.exe.config (copy the file to desktop, change setting in notepad, save, and copy it back).
- If the task succeeds but the data is not updated, try increasing the WaitBeforeSave, WaitAfterRefresh, WaitBeforeClose (ms) settings in C:\Program Files\PowerPlanner\Power Update\PQRefresh.exe.config (copy the file to desktop, change setting in notepad, save, and copy it back)
- If you get a RPC_E_DISCONNECTED or RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED error refer to the related article
- If the above doesn’t resolve the issue, contact us and send us the:
– C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Temp\PU.log, PU_UI.log files
– C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Power Update\Settings.xml file
– Power Update version in Control Panel\Programs\Power Update\Version
– Excel version
Troubleshooting Excel PowerPivot Update
If you are using Excel 2010 and Power Query and have an issue during UI Automation, or if the task succeeds but the data doesn’t update please refer to the related article. Otherwise please check the error messages in the ...
Troubleshooting Power BI UI Automation
To troubleshoot the update of pbix files using UI Automation, you first need to watch the process and identify the part where the UI automation fails: Issue at the Start of the update: If the update process fails at the start (before or shortly after ...
Power Update Maintenance
Power Update is sold by a one-time fee that gives users a perpetual license to use the software forever. PowerON offers an optional maintenance contract in order to receive updates for the software. Purpose of the document In this article, you will ...
Power SQL Update not loading in Excel
Search the registry under both Current user and Local Machine for: PPSQLConnector and set the LoadBehaviour to 3 at all occurances e.g.: If the above doesn't resolve the issue, search for Addins in the registry under both Current user and Local ...
Troubleshooting SharePoint upload issues
The main causes of upload issues is due to the following: - A firewall or proxy blocking the upload - Authentication issues (make sure username and password authentication is enabled) - File size limits: ...